Question

Super Circuit
From being someone who spent all day, every day in the gym and getting little results, I have now started training 3-4 times /week with a small weights and stomach session and then a full super circuit. What a huge difference! Is the super cicuit the answer to a cardio and resistance training in one, it's not mentioned often though and I would say it's alomost the most perfect toning type exercise.

Could I have you thoughts on the super circuit as a training tool if done properly.

Ctm

Hi ctm

I agree with you. I think it is a greatly under-utilised tool and yes it combines cardio and resistance training. It is an interval type training i.e your heart rate goes upand then recovers a bit and this is repeated throughout the workout, which is very effective.
Just keep in mind, however, that if you are training for an endurance event, you would need to do some training where you sustain a high heart rate and cardio activity for longer periods.

So, the best training, is to do interval twice a week and more endurance style twice a week or so.

ENJOY!