Question

Support for partners

I would like to know whether there is any support or groups for partners of people undergoing gender reassignment.
I apologise if this question has been asked already and I have just missed it

Transgender advisor
Transgender expert

Hi Sharon,

Welcome on this forum.

There is a few options for partners, depending on where you stay. In Johannesburg is a group called Budding Roses, who get together once a month, and allow partners to also join in. Then in Cape Town, there is a group, called T-junction, who also allow partners. bothe these groups' details you will find on Gender DynamiX website, under FAQ (Frequently asked questions).

Then there is a new online group, which can obviously been accessed from anywhere. This group ONLY allows partners, no trans people themselves! The quick link of this you can also find on the Gender DynamiX site.

Hope this helps!

Liesl