Ask an expert

07 Dec 2005

Support for partners

I would like to know whether there is any support or groups for partners of people undergoing gender reassignment.
I apologise if this question has been asked already and I have just missed it

Answer 337 views
Transgender advisor
Transgender expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Sharon,

Welcome on this forum.

There is a few options for partners, depending on where you stay. In Johannesburg is a group called Budding Roses, who get together once a month, and allow partners to also join in. Then in Cape Town, there is a group, called T-junction, who also allow partners. bothe these groups' details you will find on Gender DynamiX website, under FAQ (Frequently asked questions).

Then there is a new online group, which can obviously been accessed from anywhere. This group ONLY allows partners, no trans people themselves! The quick link of this you can also find on the Gender DynamiX site.

Hope this helps!

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17836 votes