Question

01 Apr 2007

swallowing vitamins in cellulose capsule
I need to take vitamin supplements that are contained in cellulose capsules.
I have a problem swallowing the capsules with just water.
Are there other ways to take the capsules without compromising their content/ effect?
Is opening the capsule and mixing it into fruit juice an option?

Dear Swallowing
The reason it is put into capsules is that one wants it not to be affected by the acid in the stomach, and if you open the capsule, it will be. Try this trick : Put the capsule in your mouth , take water in a bottle ( like a Coke bottle), put your mouth over the bottle's mouth and take a big gulp - usually the capsule is in before you know it!