Question

Swangerskap en onderaktiewe skildklier
I' m on the following medication and just want to know if I' m pregnant will this medication have any negative effects on my baby or will it prevent me getting pregnant?

1) Eltroxin 0.1mg
2) Glucophage 500 XR SRT 60
3) Antagolin Insulin resistance formula
4) Ferrous Forte

fertility expert

Swangerskap en onderaktiwe skildklier

None of the medication that you have listed should prevent you from getting pregnant. My assumption is that you are taking Eltroxin for an under active thyroid that glucophage and Antagolin are taken for insulin resistance and or polycystic ovarian syndrome and the Ferrous Forte is simply an iron supplement mainly taken for iron deficiency anaemia. The use of Eltroxin and Ferrous Forte once you are pregnant would have no negative effects. Glucophage in pregnancy its use is controversial. Initially, it was considered contra-indicated in pregnancy. Recent literature suggests that continuation in the early part of pregnancy will not have a major negative effect on the baby. The use of Antagolin in pregnancy has not been established and therefore I would recommend that you would rather stop that if you are pregnant.