Question

Sweaty Armpits

Just wanted to find out if there is anything I can use which is effective in eliminating body odour especially my armpits. I do bathe properly and I have tried the best deodrant's but nothing seems to work, my armpits become sweaty and I get the odour. The strange thing though is that it's only the right armpit, the left is fine and I do not have an odour. Please help.

Dear Jane,
Sometimes it is just an overgrowth of the skin bacteria that causes the odour. Try washing with an antibacterial soap (like Hibitane) and ask your doctor to prescribe something like Eryderm, a roll- on antibiotic that you can use for a few weeks to reduce bacterial growth. We normally use it for acne. If you sweat more than the average person, rather use roll-on anti persperant than deoderant. You can also look at www.hyperhidrosis.org for some tips.