Question

SWEETENERS
Is there anything harmful in these sugar free sweeteners we can use for coffee and tea. A while back it was thought that they cause cancer. Can you recommend a sweetener that has something like aspartame or something that has no negative effects on the body?

Sweeti, as far as I know the general consensus is that the safest non-nutritive sweetener is NutraSweet®, a combination of aspartame and maltodextrin. It’s found in Canderel® and Equal® as far as I know. Saccharin is the one that was reported to maybe cause bladder cancer in massive doses, but I not sure that this was ever proven in non-biased double-blind scientific trials. Hope this answers your question,