Question

swimming
i have just started that shape up for summer workout and i was wondering if i can substitute the running for swimming? if so how long should i be swimming for (distance/time) ??
when it cools down i want to start running, but i cant face it in this heat and dont have the time to go early in the morning.
thanks!

Hi S

Yes swimming will do. I would recommend starting with about 20 mins swimming 3x/week and building up to 40 mins. If you are really managing well, you could try to do one long swim of 1 hour a week, in addition to thew 2 shorter ones. However, I would recommend you do some walking as well, so that you are doing some weight-bearing exercise as well, which is very importsant in promoting bone density.

ENJOY!