Question

Swollen ankle
hi doc

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant. Last night my ankle was a bit sor and felt stiff today i notice it has swollen very badly. the joint aches and still feels stiff. it is just my right ankle.

I remembered earlier that i had bumped my ankle bone on the weekend and now im wondering what i should do?

Can a bump to the ankle cause a sprain? if not is it possible for the ankle to be fractured but for me to still be running around with minimal pain??

Thank you

It is unlikely that you have fractured your ankle but it is possible that you have sprained your ankle due to the bump. You can use Panado to alleviate the pain and rest the ankle and elevate your ankle during the day. You should apply a warm compress for 10 minutes, followed by a cold compress for 10 minutes, at least four times a day.