Question

Swollen ankles

A quick question, when I was preggies I was very " swollen"  my ankles, fingers ect... it is now 15 months later and my ankles are still so swollen and sometimes very painful. It is at its worst after having a nice hot bath or shower. The water is not so hot that i am uncomfortable its just right. So I am not sure what it could be. I regularly get kindey infections but dont feel it anymore until it is too late and i can barely walk from the pain, someone said that this could be what is causing me to carry water.

Thank you for any help that you may be able to give on this.

SJ

You are experiencing water retention, which is most likely due to poor blood circulation of your feet. There are a couple of reasons for this, like for instance an underactive thyroid, kidney failure or heart failure. It is important that you consult your doctor for blood tests, kidney function tests and an ECG to examine your heart, as soon as possible.

Chronic kidney infections can lead to damage of the kidney and can lead to kidney failure, that can be a reason for water retention.