Ask an expert

20 Feb 2009

Swollen Feet
I am a 46 year old female.

I have severe swelling of my feet. My doctor has prescribed " Sandoz Furosemide" , and I take one a day as and when I need to. However, I now find that I need to take them on a daily basis.

The last time my feet were so swollen, I was at full term with my pregnancy.

Should I go back to my doctor?

Many thanks

Answer 297 views
Foot expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Chere

Furosemide is a common medication used for oedema, however in your case it does not seem to be getting the desired result. My advice would be to go back to your docotr and discuss this with him, maybe he could change your medication.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.