Question

Swollen leg
My mother-in-law is turning 70 next month. Her right leg get swollen from the foot up until the top. The doctors says it's because one of her veins was damaged when she had an operation last year to remove a cancerious womb and the vein will never heal. i'm not total convinced with the answer because they are not saying what is the cause. Can you please advice me on what might be the cause and who to treat it.

Dear Nono
sometimes when they remove cancer they also have to remove some of the lymph glands nearby which may be affected by cancer. This could cause a problem with lymph drainage in that limb. Although treatment does not involve any further surgery, the right specialist to see is a surgeon.
dr Bets