Question

swollen stomach
My daughter is eight almost 9. As soon as she has had a swim she always complains of stomach ache. I give her buscopan which seems to relief the pain. My concern is that we live in Africa and she has been tested for Bilharzia, and was treated for it. Her stomach just seems to be bloated all the time compared to her twin sister. Should I take her to a specialist? Could you please advise. She is a relatively healthy eater.

Please advise.

Concerned, having a bloated stomach all the time definitely isn’t normal. It might be nothing, but it might also be due to an enlarged organ like her liver or spleen, so I agree with you that you should take her to see a specialist. Good luck.