Question

Syptoms on ADD versus Dyslexia
1. Can a childs ADD symptoms be misdiagnosed for Dyslexia or visa-versa?
2. Can Ritalin correct or help Dyslexia?
3. Is there an alternate medication to Ritalin herbal prefereably?

Tigerfish, I’ll answer your questions as you asked them.
1. I suppose it’s possible, but it is unlikely. Dyslexia can definitely be a symptom of ADD, but not vice versa.
2. Ritalin® can improve dyslexia especially if it is part of ADD.
3. Ritalin® is still the gold standard in the treatment of proven ADD. You just have to make sure that it’s ADD you’re treating with and not something else. The best would be to consult a paediatric psychiatrist and if he says it’s ADD, to go for Ritalin® and to forget about all the herbs and stuff that are advertised to work.
Good luck.