Question

TAB
Dietdoc, thank you for your response to my TAB question earlier. I would just like to correct you on one thing: TAB does not have cafeine, Coke Light does, that's why I also drink only TAB and no other fizzy drinks. Does it mean that, in theory, my 4-year old can drink a can of TAB per day? (In reality I would like to give her TAB when we go to restaurants, or once over weekends, as it seems to be the ultimate treat to her).

Dear Nelia
Yes I realised that I made a big boo-boo. Sorry about that. I never drink any version of Coke (standard or Light) or Tab, so I tend to forget which one contains what. I reckon that your lassie can have the odd can of Tab once in awhile, but not a can a day as the expert groups who declared aspartame safe last year did say that people should use it in moderation and a can a day is quite a lot of aspartame (and other sweeteners which may be added to the product) for a 4-year-old. However you can also try her on sparkling fruit juices which she should also find pleasant.