Question

23 Apr 2006

Tai Chi Amateur
Halo! I want to start Tai Chi.How do I Know that the instructor I choose is well trained? Should instructors be registered and what qualifications should my instructor have?
Tai Chi expert
tai chi expert

HI Justme,

Thank you for posting on the Tai Chi forum.

This is a very important question as there are many so called Tai Chi Instructors out there. What they do not realise is that Tai Chi is a kind of a 'therapeutical treatment' which effects body,mind and soul. Due it's popular demand many people have become 'Tai Chi instructors' and offer Tai Chi classes at their Martial Arts Schools, Aerobic studios, gyms, homes etc. If the person you train with is not recognised by an International Tai Chi Organisation which has a strong and recognised line in the Tai Chi family then i would suggest you rather spend that little bit more in time, money and effort as it will be more worth your while in the long run.

You are more than welcome to email me directly to ensure that the person you are training with is recognised and legitimate or if you need further assistance re this matter.

Kindest Regards
Morné
Email morne@jkdu.co.za
Website www.freewebs.com/sataichi