Question

taking a break from a relationship
hi there,

i have been in a relationship for a year now, and my boyfriend confronted me with the idea of taking a break... im so confused.
i love him.. but how can he love me so much to put my feelings on hold. i understand that there is a side that says that this means break up.. and its an excuse.. but how??

he is in a crisis, and says needs time away to sort out stuff.. and that im too high maintainence, and he can not keep up..

please help me.. x

hi sarah,
I wonder what sort of a break he has in mind --- just not being together for a while ( for a specified length of time, or an open-ended gap ? ), or being with other people ? Real love is hardly something on can just set aside for a time, like taking the batteries out of a torch. BUT if he is in a personal crisis of some sort not particularly involving you, he may both want to try to protect your from it and from his distress about it, and just to work on it without needing to think about you ?
Some people are indeed high maintenance, in the sense of expecting a high degree of attention, and it may indeed be hard for someone wrestling with some other crisis, to supply you with what you need.