Question

Taking Fertomid while on wellbutrin
Hello Doctor

My gynie just perscribed Fertomid 100mg while I' m on Wellbutrin, the clomid was the very reason I had to go onto wellbutrin, I had a very bad reaction to clomid last year that almost ended my marriage. I' m worried about this. Please help I' m not comfortable, I want a baby, but not at the exspence of my marriage. I' m already 40 years. What should I do?

Thank you in advance.
fertility expert

Dear Mitsy

I haven’t found any correlation or drug reactions that has been reported if you take Fertomid in addition to Wellbutrin. However if you have had a reaction to Clomid then it is important that you discuss this with your doctor as Fertomid also contain the same constituents as Clomid does, the one is a generic of the other. Clomid and Fertomid contain Clomiphene Citrate. So you may well have the same reaction and I suggest you see your doctor before using it.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo