Question

Taking Zoloft while pregnant

My husband and I have been taliking about having a baby for a while, but I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and have been on Zoloft for the last seven years.

Recently, I have stopped taking it because I dod not know if you can take it while pregnant, but have now found that I simply cannot live a normal life without it - can a person take Zoloft while pregnant? What are the risks involved?

Cassie

The drug which has been most studied in pregnancy is Prozac. This does not cause any deformities in the fetus although some studies have reported a slightly higher miscarriage rate.