Question

Talking or rather screaming out while sleeping...
Hi CS,

Something unusual has been happening to me lately! About 2 weeks ago I had a dream that there were a lot of people around me and I got claustrophoic and sat up and screamed "aaarrrgggghhhh!!" I don't know if I had screamed that loud, but my puppy sat up and looked at me! I asked my mom if she had heard anything, but she said they hadn't. Then on sunday night I woke up sitting up screaming "No! No!". I don't remember the dream, but the adrenaline was really rushing! Last night, I had a bunch of silly dreams, and I woke up (once again sitting up) and very sarcastically saying "Was that nice?".... I'm just wondering what's up with me and this sleep talking! I don't sleep well as it is, and now this! Any advice?

Actually, quite a number of drugs, both psych drugs and even some antibiotics, etc., can give one more vivid dreams. And more vivid dreams are also more arousing, and one may wake in the way you describe, without it having any more significance than that. And people forget that while we generally think of arousing dreams as being like nightmares, they can include different emotions --- occasionally I wake up laughing loudly at something that had been very funny in a dream, or angry, etc.
I'd guess your puppy would look at you affectionately if you sat up for any reason !