Ask an expert

12 Mar 2003

Hi Doc, i am a 45 yr old male, I am a short guy 1.53m. I would really like to be taller, is there any medication or any other way of "gaining" height.
Answer 295 views

01 Jan 0001

Joe, unfortunately there is nothing you can do or take to make you taller. Even if you take growth hormone you will grow in width, but not in height. This is because once the growth plates in the bones have closed and growth has stopped, nothing can open them again. The only option you have it to have your legs broken and stretched – too high a price for most. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.