Question

TASTE
My husband don't have any taste or smell. Since his sinusoperation. Everythins smells like old oil to him, and the food as well. I am really worried about this because he gets very frustrated, did use mediciine but it doesn't help.
What can i give him or what must we do?This is really a big worry.

Dear Riana
This is called anosmia and often is caused by damage of the smelling organ in the floor of the nose due to trauma or infection and is a common side effect of sinus surgery due to the congestion. In most cases the sense of smell do return gradually. You can try to give him zinc and Vit A supplements and if this persists I think you should inform his ENT surgeon.
See http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003052.htm