Question

Teen Mood Swings
My 17yr old daughter has terrible mood swings. She can be very happy one minute and the next she is angry with the world. She spends most of her time in her bedroom. She is an introvert but has a small circle of friends. She was always a very lively child up until about the age of about 10/11yrs old. Is this just typical teen mood swings or when do I become concerned that it is more than that like possibly bi-polar? My Husbands brother suffered from depression and took gis own life. My mother-in-law is very concrened that my daughter is falling down the same road.

This isn't especially uncommon among teens, though worrying none-the-less. Though bipolar disorder does indeed turn up in teens, its not commonly so, and this doesn't sound like bipolar.
If you find things getting worse and are really worried, an assessment by a child shrink or adult shrink with an interet in adolescents, should help to clear this up