Question

teen pms depression
My 11 yr old started her periods 4 months ago. they are quite regular and last about 7 days. she is completely traumatised by her period and the anxious waiting for it to come each month. i have taken her to a psychologist who believes she is clinically depressed and am waiting for a referal to somebody. she also suggested finding out about putting her on the pill to regulate the periods (although admits its not her field of expertise). How young can she go on the pill, is it safe? What about the injection to stop periods?? Is this a safe and viable option. My daughter is really very distressed by it all. Not eating well, not sleeping, crying and emotional daily, becoming more and more withdrawn. Please let me have your opinion. Should I see a gynae, a gp, a specialist???

If her periods are regular, she should know when they will start, so regulating her period will not make a difference. I would not suggest the injection. The Pill can be used, but I am not sure how useful this will be if her periods are already regular. It seems that the route to go is to get her used to the idea of having periods.