Question

teenage low bp
I have a 15yr old daughter who's been suffering from low bp since about June 2002. I discovered this after I took her to our GP because she had black outs. Her iron level is normal because this was also checked. She's constantly complaining of headaches, tiredness & dizziness all which the GP said was as a result of the low bp. Sometimes she feels real sick because of this. He prescribed DS24 which she used for 2 months, this made no difference. We were told to eat more red meat, which we're doing. I also took her to our local pharmacy and the pharmacist on duty sold us some salt tablets which she's taking 2-3 times a day. Still the condition remains unchanged. An example of her bp is 91/72; 106/63; 93/63; 83/63. What I'd like to know is, could there be an underlying cause for this? What else can I do to help her? Please help!
Kind regards

Bubbles, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine her first. Low blood pressure may be a symptom of almost any chronic/serious disease, but we seldom find a cause in teenagers. I have no idea what DS24 is, but she can also try Effortil® or Akrinor®. Maybe the best would be for her to see a specialist physician before she starts taking drugs to take away the symptoms without trying to treat the cause. Good luck.