Question

TEENAGE SON SMOKING DOPE
i''''ve got no idea how to handle this situation...this is the 3rd time we have caught him, the 1st time he was 13 and we found it in his bag, he claimed he got it from a 19 year old kid that did boot camp with him, just because he wanted to have the seeds....a couple of months later he confessed out of his own that he has been smoking for awhile and wants to quit. Last night his father caught him with his 22 year old cousin smoking...He does struggle with depression and is ADHD please tell me what to do!!! Obviously he is promising that he won''''t again, and i am telling him that i trust and beilieve him, but I am not sure...

Treatment for ADHD or depression won't succeed if the person is also smoking marijuana. If he has problems like ADHD and / or depression, hs should be seeing a psychiatrist for a full assessment ( including a frank admission of his use of the drug ) and a discussion of treatment options. Some kids self-medicate with dagga, and it may even help them to feel a bit better. While some have unfortunate side-effects from long-term use, some don't. It needs a personal clinical assessment and discussion to decide the vest way to help this lad