Question

Teenager bone pain
Hi my sister is twelfe years old. Her joints tend to "click and crack" painfully alot, the same as when you pop fingers. Her elbow joint also occasionally locks and she has trouble straightening her arm. What could be the cause of this, incorrect nutrition.

Kind regards

Paul

Dear Paul
The clicking and cracking is usually caused by the surface of the cartilage rubbing against each other. The "locking"of a joint is often caused by a small tear in the surface of the cartilage of the joint. As the condition is painful, I think she needs to see an orthopod to exclude juvenile arthritis.