Question

Temperature 'spikes'
I'm not a hot weather person, so maybe this is all it is, but about three/four times a week for around the past month, month-and-a-half I suddenly feel as if my body temperature has jumped, and I feel so hot I actually don't know what to do with myself. If I'm at home I usually end up sitting on the floor of the shower under cold water. It does seem to happen more in the late afternoon/early evening, but doesn't coincide with meals or drinks. I'm a 34-yr old male, reasonably fit, and a regular platelet donor (one of these 'episodes' happened in the midst of a donation). I don't smoke.

Apart from the discomfort it causes for the 4/5 minutes I have it, I haven't noticed any other negative side-effects, and feel sort of stupid going to doctor to ask what might be wrong. Should I go for a check-up or just monitor it to see if the frequency increases or decreases?

Andrew, the best would be to get yourself a thermometer and make sure that your temperature actually rises and that it’s not just a feeling of it being so. This will also mean that you will have to take your temperature daily to know what your normal mean temperature is. Let me know what the thermometer says and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.
PS Please post your reply as a new question otherwise I won’t get it.