Ask an expert

23 Dec 2004

Temperature above normal
My husband who is 57 has for the past few months felt warmer than body temperature to the touch. If I am near him I can feel the warmth coming from his body, and even if he rests his arm on me at night, it feels so hot, that it becomes uncomfortable in a matter of seconds. He doesnt complain of feeling hot, but sometimes his face is quite red. He had a full medical in May when they found his blood pressure to be slightly up, but when he had it checked again after a couple of days it was normal again. He is quite a heavy drinker.
Answer 302 views

01 Jan 0001

Perturbed, the best would be to take his temperature and see whether he has a fever or not. It might also be due to an accelerated metabolism like in the case of an over active thyroid or due to the high blood pressure. The best would be for him to see his GP and make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9326 votes
67% - 18774 votes