Ask an expert

19 Jul 2010

Tender painful breast
For the last month and a half I have been experiencing breast pain on my left breast. It aches and throbs all the time and when I touch it, it hurts and sometimes my nipple feels like its burning. I know I should go to the doctor however I am terrified of the results. The shape and size is exactly the same as my right breast, however it is constantly paining.

I am really scared doc, I am on ly 23 years old and I dont know what the cause of this might be. Would a normal GP be able to examine and tell me?

People say it can be anything, but in my mind all I think of is breast cancer :-( Please advice

Answer 426 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Nia
Yes, your GP will be able to examine you and he/she will send you for a sonar if needed. You may have a cyst or a harmless fibroadenoma. You may also just have mastalgia - breast pain due to hormonal cyclic changes.
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.