Question

Tender painful breast
For the last month and a half I have been experiencing breast pain on my left breast. It aches and throbs all the time and when I touch it, it hurts and sometimes my nipple feels like its burning. I know I should go to the doctor however I am terrified of the results. The shape and size is exactly the same as my right breast, however it is constantly paining.

I am really scared doc, I am on ly 23 years old and I dont know what the cause of this might be. Would a normal GP be able to examine and tell me?

People say it can be anything, but in my mind all I think of is breast cancer :-( Please advice

Cyberdoc

Hallo Nia
Yes, your GP will be able to examine you and he/she will send you for a sonar if needed. You may have a cyst or a harmless fibroadenoma. You may also just have mastalgia - breast pain due to hormonal cyclic changes.