Question

Tendonitis
I have tendonitis in my big toe. I have been suffering with this for 5 weeks. I have been to the Doctor and just finished my second 10 day course of anti-inflammotories. Although it has improved it is not completely better. I still have a lump on the top of the toe and the joint is still stiff and tendor. Is this normal or should I go back to Doctor?

Gina, it isn’t normal, but it may take long to heal. The best would be to wear flat shoes and if possible, to immobilise the toe. If it doesn’t clear up within a week or so the best would be to get a second opinion from an orthopaedic surgeon. Good luck.