Question

tested positive for herpes 2
I was tested positive for herpes type 2 during a blood test, though I have never had any symptoms I was aware of. Now I am a bit confused, because of the info on Health24 website, saying that a person who is a herpes carrier is immune to infection from someone else? Even though I have not had any symptoms, can I infect someone else?

The answer to your question lies in the blood results. Check them carefully. IF yu are IGG pos and IGM neg for HErpes 2 then it shows an old infection , you have recovered and are immune to further infections - if another herpes2 tries to come in Your IGG antibodies will sort it out before it gets very far - you are immune.
If the IGG is nega and the IGM is pos - this is a recent infection and you are not immune,May may be shedding virus.
Remember also that HERPES is only present in the genital tract when you have the blisters. The fluid they contain is full of virus and can be passed on to the next person. The smae goes for the base of the raw wound once the blisters have popped. If there are no blisters you are not infectious. some people develop blister every 10 days or so other every few years . It all depends on your immune system. If you have no recollection of the primary infection - it has probably been avery long time indeed. The blood tests through show hte infection forthe rest of your life