Question

Testes on fire!! (HELP)
Doc, I have a problem. About a two months ago my testes started to get very cool, I could actually feel it thruogh my pants. After that the skin around my left testicle started to get very dry, forming dry cracks which statered to become painful. The skin has also become inflamed and looks red in color compared to the skin on the right testicle. The right skin on the right seems perfectly norma. l When I take a bath I can actually see the dead skin on my towel. When my testicle move around in my scrotum, the skin burns. Now I had this checked out with my doctor and he said that is a fungal infection and prescribed Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP. I used it for three days now and the condition has not improved. Now I want to know how did I get this fungal infection because I am not sexually active. I have great discomfort moving around because of the friction of the testes against my underwear.This is about a month that I suffer from this dry skin. Please could you tell me your diagnosis on this condition.

Max, I agree with your doctor that it sounds like a fungal infection, but if you don’t see a difference within a week you should let him know. I doubt that it is an STD – we all have fungi on our skin that overgrows in areas that don’t see daylight that much. This may happen when you’re under a lot of stress – both psychological and physical (diseases, training, etc.). Good luck