Question

Tests before I get pregnant

We are thinking about stopping the pill and falling pregnant within the next six months (i'm 30). I have been on the pill for about 15 years and still have severe pain with every period. Are there any tests that should be run before I fall pregnant - apart from a normal pap smear and HIV test. For example, I've heard that folic acid is reduced when you're on the pill - do you need to test for appropriate levels? Also, since I still have severe period pains, will this affect the pregancy in any way?

You should check that you are immune to rubella. There is no value in checking folate levels, just start taking folate tablets. The period pains should not affect your pregnancy.