Question

24 Apr 2006

The availibility and side-effects of ACCutane and Tetracycline
Hello, would like to know if these above mentioned pills are available in South Africa, if i could get a hold of them, even if it is just the packaging to show readers. Or alternatively in your opinion, what better medication is there in SA to kill infection causing bacteria, pimples.
I would appreciate your reply as soon as possible.
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Anja,

Yes, both are commonly available. Roaccutane or accutane (isotretinoin) is commonly prescribed for problem skin while tetracycline antibiotics is also commonly used for skin conditions - Oxytetracycline (eg. Roxy) is more commonly used. The best antibiotic for skin, in my opinion, is Tetralycal together with Zineryt topical.