Question

The Bully Buss
Just some advice please Cybershrink:

When the boss says " Look at Me" , " Now look at those docs, I want you to think about what you are doing"  - when I have been doing the job for nearly 10 years, am well into my 40''s...

Would an appropriate response to the looking at me be " No thanks, I''d prefer not to"  or just plain and simple do not talk down to me please?

I tried the do not talk down to me please and it was met with disbelief, wow, never could the little creature ever do that!

On the subject of looking for a new job: Our society is so false and it is just more lies as we go along. You are forced to come up with some feasible story why you are leaving. For Heavens Sake people leave because they are unhappy, loathe their boss, need more money, hate the environment and are unhappy.

Why do we have to say I am looking for new challenges, I will it is time to move on and use my skills more....

I wonder if I would get the job if I said " I wish to leave because I am good at what I do, I loathe person that I work for, personally I think they are Bi-Polar but not on meds and you are the only company that can match my salary. I am here to meet you for an hour and then we must both make a decision akin to marriage within a short space of time. It sucks. But here I am willing to give it a bash" .

Maybe obne asks :" Looking at you, what do you want me to see or notice ? " And yes, its unrealistic if understandable, for companies to ask why you are leaving your previous job. I wonder what they think are excellent reasons for doing so ? "My current job is marvellous, but I'd heard so many magnificant things about the joy of working here, I'd like to improve on what's already marvellous ? " ?
And your illustration is good - job interviews are like Speed Dating, and actually no more realistic.
Maybe the wisest course is as Purple suggests, to be politely frank and honest - if they don't respect that, maybe you wouldn't be much happier working there, either ? She's also right about emphasizing that you feel unhappy without explicitly listing all your current boss's failings.
And, as Anon suggests, emphasize the positive, about what you believe you can bring for their benefit