Question

the emptiness
i am but one of a million women with the same problem. i''m 30 years old. i''m lonely. so i eat. i''m not overweight but i don''t look as good in my clothes as i used to. it''s so annoying - because i know what i''m doing but still i can''t seem to be able to control myself. i am able to go without sweets and chips for about 5 days, and then something happens and i eat a slab in one go. i exercise. i read. i watch too much tv. i don''t feel like going out anymore (unless it''s with one of my guy friends). i feel as though i''m just existing.

i know i''m depressed. and it''s so stupid. i am a strong believer in Christ and i know that this is supposed to fill me but still i crave for someone to hold me. i''ve had one boyfriend in 7 years and that also makes me so angry. i''m goodlooking and intelligent and funny but this isn''t enough. it seems as though guys just want to date the sticks. and i know that they''re not worth my time and effort if they can''t see past the physical blah blah blah.

work is unbelievably stressful (i''ve taken over our struggling family business) and i have to work evenings and weekends. i''m almost always broke even though i live frugally (still trying to pay off all my debt which is priority). i don''t do anything nice for myself because i don''t have money. aaarrrggghhh....!!!

i don''t even know what i''m looking for on here. maybe i just needed to complain to a stranger. thanks for your time.

I recognize this sort of situation, and indeed it is frustrating. The solution is usually to work with a good counsellor to sort out what can be soted out, and to develop a way of living with what can't be sorted out.