Question

The Ex
My husband was recently contacted by an ex girlfriend he had when he was in university many years ago. She sent an email saying that she has been searching for him for years and does he remember the good times they shared together. I didn't give him the email but she found his contact details on the Internet and sent him sms's which he replied to. I confronted him on the issue and it lead to a huge argument. He said they are just old friends. Our email address has both our names in it and on our website it says we work together, so she must know he is married! I know I am the jealous type but I think she has no regard that he is a married man. Am I being irrational or is there reason for concern?

Have you never wondered what happened to the guy you went to the matric farewell with? Sometimes it is a great ego booster to see these guys all these years later, and think back - and I cried over you!!

If you are secure in your marriage and your husband also gives you reason not to doubt him , why should he not meet with someone he hasn't seen for many years. the bigger fuss you make over this the bigger issue it will become. If you are the jealous type, you need to also ask yourself why - does your husband give you reason to be jealous.

Invite her over and meet her as well, you are after all a couple - don't be hostile receive her as you would any of his friends. Heaven knows life is so short, and tough we need all the freinds we can get.

EMc