Question

the ex
How do I handle this: the inlaws all of a sudden being over friendly with the ex (its been 15years). Never even heard her name being uttered before now all of a sudden she is the next best thing. Now I know they never liked me (not that they have a reason) but this is really low…  and its obvious she''''s loving all this attention and taking full advantage. Now she gets invited to functions etc how do I handle this hubby says he does not want to get involved and that I shouldn’  t be bothered. BTW she is single.

Interesting to see what other readers may suggest, from their experience. Sounds odd. Her significance in this situation stems from her being his Ex, so he can't NOT be involved. And he must be involved in finding a solution, not adding to the problem. He needs to talk with his parents and find out why this is happening, and make sure they understand that this bothers him and very much bothers you, and is rude and inconsiderate.
If she is still single after 15 years, either she's obviously undesirable or not interested in relationships. It would be fair and appropriate if you and your husband simply told his parents, if they refuse to wstop creating this problem, that neither of you will be attending functions she attends