Question

The ex, children and Xmas gifts.
Hi guys,

The ex wont let me give hte kids Xmas gifts because she says its just more reminders for her of us and our past, which still hurts all of us.

But then she asks me if I want to see her and the girls before Christmas! Initially I said yes, but then thought heck, what for, so we can all walk away after a great time together, feeling crap! How can she not want me to give gifts, yet offer for me to meet her and the kids before Christmas? Am I missing somethign here?

Sounds unreasonable and selfish, as the gifts are for the kids, and their pleasure, and not for her. Would she refuse some of the kids birthday presents, if she didn't like the parents of the child bringing a gift ? If you have an ongoing relationship with the kids , why shouldn't that include gift-giving ? For her to decide autocratically that you were good enough for the chores of caring for the kids, but not entitled to give them gifts, is selfish and cruel.