Question

The habit
In all my relationships past and present I have noticed a terrible pattern. Fisrstly, I continue to attract woman that come from absuive backgrounds which is completely the opposite to mine. I come from a fabulously loving family. Secondly, I give of myself completely in all relationships. I treat the woman like princesses and truly provide my entire heart and everything else I can. Thridly, eventually everything breaks down and I end up feeling a wolrd of pain and struggling for ages to recover. Finally, during the period of recovery my heart hurts so much that although I know I did nothing wrong I become self destructive. I drink way too much, I party all the time, I hook up with girls for one night stand and ultimately end up feeling guilty and sad. I continue this until I hit rock bottom and only then do I start to recover. This always happens with me. How do I stop behaving like this and learn to deal with heartache better? The pain is simply always unbareable for me.

Well, you've made rucially important initial progress in recognizing these paterns. CBT counselling would be the best way to work towards understanding and changing these to more useful and adaptive patterns.