Question

The Pill - Long term health risks?
Hi there,

I am 25 years old and have been on the Pill for 7 years now due to acne problems. I stopped to use the pill 3 months ago to see if my acne problems will be over by now. Someone told me that it is not good for you to stay on the pill for so long. Is this true?

My husband and I want to have kids in the near future. How soon will I be able to fall pregnant after using the pill for 7 years?
fertility expert

Dear Curious

I do apologise for the long delay in response. just got back from holiday.

There is no evidence to suggest that the use of the contraceptive pill is associated with short or long term fertility problems. Once the pill has been stopped in most cases, fertility returns to normal very soon(within the first two to three menstrual cycles). However should conception not occur within 9 months of ceasing or stopping the use of the pill then further investigations would be recommended.