Question

The roots of Christmas...
Be honest here...
When the word xmas pops up, how many of you think of presents before the real reason we celebrating this holiday (Jesus)?
To me its actually so wierd how non-spiritual/religious (even non-christians!) people celebrate this holiday , why, if they don't believe in the reason behind it?

Lady Nina is right, actually --- the early Christian Chuch leaders were highly skilled at timing and dating Christian festivals to coincide with popular pagan feasts, holidays and celebrations. Where do you think Mistletoe comes into the picture ? Or Easter Eggs ?
So, with these having become major and excellent Christian festivals, maybe the materialist way it has become, is reverting to the pagan origins ?
I've just heard from the Health 24 people that they plan to close the Forums ( ? Should that be Fora ? ) from December 16th through to January 9th. Otherwise it'd be a case of "Twas the Night Before Christmas, and All through the House ; not a creature was stirring, 'cept my little mouse. And Keyboard. And Modem. "