Question

Thin blackish/greenish marks
My mom has these thin blackish/greenish marks appearing on her neck and this has been happening over the last few months. A GP looked at it yesterday and told her that they look like blood clots which has really caused her to worry. She does have a thyroid problem for which she is on Thyroxin. She is 58 years old and has high blood pressure and a slight sugar problem (not diagnosed as a diabetic). Please advise urgently what could be causing this and if there is a possible treatment.
skindoc

The GP saw your mom and diagnosed "blood clots" under the skin. I accept that the assessment is correct. Bleeding into the skin may be caused by low platelet counts, by defective blood clotting factors, by inflammation of blood vessels, and by combinations of these. Medications can cause bleeding into the skin related to a low platelet count. Your mom needs blood tests.