Question

Third Pregnancy risks
Dear Gynaedoc

I would very much like to have another baby, however both of my other children were delivered via emergency ceasarian, the first due to my failure to dilate after 26 hours of labour, and the second was delivered at 35 weeks weighing 1.7kg due to the placenta failing (IUPR). Are there any risks with carrying a third baby to term after two ceasars? I am aware that I will not be allowed to have a natural birth. Also what are the chances of the placenta failing again, and having to deliver another baby prematurely?

The caesareans will not increase your risk of not carrying to term, but there is a risk of the placenta failing again. This is often associated with smoking of high blood pressure. Folate supplemention would be a good idea.