Question

This can't possibly be depression......or is it??
I dnt remember ever being happy in my life. I have set high standras which i never seem to reach. To the world i am this confident, strong woman, who has alot going for her. I have the great life and great boyfrined. The thing is i don't see things like that. I once had a great self esteem, was confident and thought i had everything going for me. But i feel that was all a front. I worry a lot about everything and have chronic mood swings. For the past 2 years i have been feeling really low. I have my high moments but it seems that the lows are getting increasingly worse. I cant sleep properly, my chest feels like its closing in on me, my heart races, i'm consanly thinking of death and what it must be like to die. I can't concentrate and have these crying bouts every once in awhle. I have been reading alot about depression and am worried that i may be depressed (me?? ). I just feel as though i am losing my my grip on life and that things are just spiralling out of control. Worse of all, i feel as though i am losing me....even though i am never sure i knew me at all. Am i going crazy????? Could i really be depressed????

Remember that apart from Depression, there's also a sort of depression-spread-out-thinner-and-further called Dysthymia, which can be a very long-term thing. And some of us manage to have both. But some of what you're describing sound more like an Anxiety Disorder. The only way to be sure, and to get things fixed up, is to see a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment, and discuss treatment options. No point in staying unhappy when you could be feeling much better