Question

Throaght PLEASE HELP !
Dear Cyberdoc, if you could, please help! My symptoms are as follows: I get a "feeling" in my throagt as though there's a lump and it reaches a level where I battle to swallow. This makes me anxious and moody to the point where I can't stand it. When I take a tranquilizer (Alzam 0.25mg) it seems to settle down and I obviously seem calmer as well. I feel this is not the solution though, as I go through this episode a minimum of twice a day, and some nights as well. A friend mention-
ed something called "cardiospasm". I am also desperately tired by 3 o'clock in the afternoon, have low blood sugar levels and low blood pressure (sometimes as low as 80/40). The "thing" in my throaght however, is driving met up the wall and I fear I might loose my familiy in the end. What do you think may be causing this? It might be of some importance to mention that I am a coeliac, and was diagnosed by a gastroentorologist in Dec 2000. If you recommend I see a doctor, should it be a G.P., gastroentorologist, E.N.T. specialist, or what.

DS, it might be that you’re suffering from globus hystericus. It’s the feeling of something being stuck in the throat whilst there is nothing. The problem is that it might be something else like an enlarged thyroid, chronic inflammation/infection, a stricture or even a tumour. The best would be to see your GP and to take it from there. Good luck.