Ask an expert

14 Mar 2004

throbbing hip pain
For the past 4 years I have been suffering from pain in, what feels to me my "hip joint". When it first started there was also an audiable grating noise on the joint when I walked - that has since stopped. I have had xrays, blood tests and a bone density test- to no avail. Some times the pain is just there but at other times, like now it is so bad that the trobing actually wakes me up. Please can you help me - thank you
Answer 261 views

01 Jan 0001

Lynn, it might be that you have swelling of the synovium (lining of the joint) or tht there is too much synovium. You can try taking a long-acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® for a week or two, but if it doesn’t help the best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17885 votes