Question

throbbing hip pain
For the past 4 years I have been suffering from pain in, what feels to me my "hip joint". When it first started there was also an audiable grating noise on the joint when I walked - that has since stopped. I have had xrays, blood tests and a bone density test- to no avail. Some times the pain is just there but at other times, like now it is so bad that the trobing actually wakes me up. Please can you help me - thank you

Lynn, it might be that you have swelling of the synovium (lining of the joint) or tht there is too much synovium. You can try taking a long-acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® for a week or two, but if it doesn’t help the best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon. Good luck.