Ask an expert

06 Dec 2005

Thrush in men
I would like to know, what medcation a man can use for thrush.I belive I do have thrush, because of the discharge under my foreskin.What are the symptoms of thrush exactly?
Answer 394 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Worried,
Thrush is a white discharge that looks like cream cheese. If you wipe it off, the skin below may be red and tender. It can be very itchy and is a fungal infection. You can use the same medication as a woman, Diflucan capsules and Canesten cream. Your GP will be able to give you a prescription.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.