Question

THUMB SMASHED BETWEEN DOOR AND WALL
MY 6 YEAR OLD SON GOT HIS THUMB SMASHED BETWEEN A DOOR AND A WALL. IT WENT ALL BLUE AND NOW THE WHOLE NAIL IS COMING LOOSE. IT IS ONLY STILL STUCK ON THE ONE SIDE OF THE THUMB. EVERDAY I PUT A PLASTER ON, BUT I AM SCARED THAT IT WILL ROTT IF IT DOES NOT GET ARE. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? CAN IT BE CLOSED OR MUST IT GET AIR. SCARED IF I LEAVE IT OPEN IT WILL GET DIRT IN AND GET INFECTED. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME ADVISE.

THANX

Anja, the best would be to apply an antiseptic ointment and to keep it covered during the day until the nail fall off. Good luck.