Question

thyroid
i think i might have an underactive throid. both my mother and my father had thyroid problems. (my mom's was radiated a couple of years ago and she uses eltroxin now. her's was overactive with underactive symptoms! hair falling out, tired, but losing weight at a pace )
i had a blood test a couple of years ago, but it didn't state any abnormal figures. is there perhaps another way to test it? what are the exact symptoms? i am not massively overweight (6kg's or so), but have to eat almost nothing if i want to lose any weight whatsoever. i pick up weight easily. maybe my thyroid is not that underactive, just sluggish, but i'd like to get it tested. for 2 weeks now i've tried my best to eat healthily, I even started jogging and i picked up weight! i'm 25 now.

Dear Beula
There is a standard blood test that you can have done at a path lab - ask your dr to refer you. It is a good idea to have regular tests is there is a family history of thyroid problems because the gland that produces this hormone that is so important to metabolic functioning can change rapidly. Keep up the good work with the diet and the exercise.